Adopt-a-Park Program is a free, community partnership between the City of London and London residents and community groups. The program encourages community groups, neighbours and local businesses to get involved in the preservation and enhancement of our many great parks, green spaces, skateboard and dog parks. Volunteers who Adopt-a-Park donate time to give special care to a City park by helping to maintain, beautify, enhance and keep the park safe for all to enjoy.
There are over 300 parks in London that are still eligible for adoption. Larger parks are divided into smaller sections allowing for multiple adopters to participate. Bring friends, family, neighbours, social, work or interest groups together to increase the pride, cleanliness, and beauty in your neighbourhood.
Park adopters agree to:
- Host a minimum of two clean-up days per year, spring and fall, for at least two years
- Consider hosting additional events and clean-ups throughout the year
- Work together with the City in coordinating projects and park events
- Record and report volunteer hours and activities
The City agrees to:
- Provide the tools you will need for a successful clean-up day including garbage bags etc.
- Help with any inquiries, assistance or guidance you may need
- Erect an Adopt-A-Park sign with your groups name on it, recognizing your commitment to care for the park
- Remove filled garbage bags from the park after your clean-up day